Kingston is a city of approximately 113,000 people in Ontario, Canada. It is situated on the shores of Lake Ontario at the beginning of the St. Lawrence River [ Map ]. Kingston is serviced by Highway 401 between Montreal and Toronto.
KASSAA belongs to the Eastern Ontario Secondary Schools Athletic Association (EOSSAA) and the Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA).
There are 14 secondary schools that belong to our association.
Our Mission Statement
It is the mission of KASSAA to provide an opportunity for students to further their education by striving for excellence, both individually and cooperatively, through school sport, while promoting the ideals of fair play.
KASSAA and its members adhere to the following beliefs:
- We believe in sport being fun.
- We believe in the right of all people to participate in sport and to pursue their personal levels of excellence.
- We believe in fairness, on and off the field of play, as characterized by equality, integrity and trust.
- We believe in free and open communication and respect for the views, roles and contributions of athletes and coaches.
- We believe in sport as a vehicle to promote understanding and harmony within and among all schools.
- We believe those in leadership roles in sport have a responsibility to teach and apply its values.
- We believe that the short and long term physical, social, mental and spiritual well-being of all participants in sport be enhanced through appropriate behaviour and practices.
- We believe that all student-athletes must be free of performance enhancing drugs.